|Dear Kratom Warriors,
As many of you know, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte is demanding the U.S. Senate put SITSA back into the Senate Substitute H.R. 6, that passed on a vote of 99-1 in the U.S. Senate. Chairman Goodlatte is reportedly holding final passage of the opioid bill hostage UNLESS the Senate is willing to add the provisions of the SITSA bill back into H.R. 6 as it was passed by the House.
Just a few days ago, when hearing this news, we asked kratom supporters to email their Senators to ask them to oppose the SITSA provisions in the House version of H.R 6.
You responded with flooding Capitol Hill inboxes with over 13,000 emails!
Now it’s critical that we build on that momentum by calling each Senator directly.
CLICK ON THE LINK provided to call your U.S. Senators and let them (or their staff) know that you want them to oppose the inclusion of SITSA.
This is the next step in getting the attention of the Senate.
Please take a few minutes right now and click on the link to call you Senator.
TALKING POINTS FOR PHONE CALL:
– Identify yourself as a constituent of your Senator and tell them the city where you live (the staff may ask for your zip code)
– Explain to the staff that you are calling to let the Senator know that you are opposed to SITSA Bill (Stop the Importation and Trafficking of Synthetic Analogues Act) because, without an amendment excluding kratom, SITSA will give the Attorney General unfettered power to ban kratom without having to rely on any science.
– Tell the staff the House is demanding SITSA be put back into H.R. 6 that was passed by the Senate without any Senate Hearing or input. Tell them you are strongly opposed to that demand from the House.
– Tell the staffer that kratom has helped you (or someone you know) improve their overall health and well-being
– Ask them to go to http://www.americankratom.org for more information.
– Thank the staffer and the Senator for their service
American Kratom Association